Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our Purpose. Our Purpose is to...

(Sent July 7 | Photos on Facebook)

Every morning for companionship study, we recite some missionary quotes. The very first one we recite is "Our Purpose" (found in chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel).
Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
Sometimes I wonder why on Earth I was sent to Parker, CO at this particular time out of all the other areas in the Denver North Mission. They always tell us to leave an area better than we found it. Buuuut we haven't found too many solid investigators in the area, and there aren't too many less active members that are willing to visit with us. So, since being here almost 3 months now, I thought about it. I thought about my purpose here in this ward. Maybe my purpose here isn't necessarily to build up the teaching pool. Maybe it's to strengthen the teaching pool that is already here. Either way, I'm inviting someone to come unto Christ.

One of the investigators here, named J, has been investigating the church since January. It's been 6 months and he still does not feel ready for baptism.

But, oh, he is getting closer and closer every week.

Last night, we had a discussion with him at his neighbor's house, the Ms, where we usually have it. These neighbors are one of the strongest families I know in this ward. And they're moving. Today. To Texas. But last night was one of the strongest discussions we've ever had. It was the Ms' last time sitting in on a discussion with J so both Brother and Sister M bore fervent testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They bore of what a privilege it's been for them to be able to sit in on his discussions with the missionaries.

Not only that, but J bore his testimony of coming closer to Christ. He thanked us and, especially, thanked his good friends for introducing him to us. He even said, "I could very well be one of the souls you saved." Oh, yes you are,  J, yes you are.

He's getting closer and closer ev-ery day! (Name that song/movie and I will give you a brownie point in heaven!)

So, maybe my purpose in coming here at this time was just to help Josh even more in coming unto Christ. He will be baptized. Just not now. But it will happen, and I just can't wait to see him enter the waters of baptism. I love missionary work!

Have a glorious week! See yaaaaaaaaaa!

Love, Sister Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment