Friday, January 23, 2015

FAT

Sent 1/20/2015

Okay, not really. I'm not actually fat. I know some of you out there want to see what I look like fat, but it a'int happening. But there are just some nights where you eat so much that I might as well go up a pant-size, er- a skirt size.

We'd arrived at a member's home to eat dinner. I hadn't eaten anything for hours (I know, such a trial #firstworldproblems) so I was practically starving. As a result, I, naturally, stuffed myself to the core with the food they gave us. The next appointment we went to was with the couple I talked about last week. They had a mix-up and thought that they were feeding us dinner. The problem was, they had already gotten so far in preparing the food. Holy moly. I was so surprised with how much I could still hork down my stomach. I swear, my stomach must've gotten accustomed to all this food I'm eating.

S is progressing so well! Very, very slowly, but surely. Her baptismal date is becoming more and more real!

But so is Satan's power on her. He is working so hard on her, like the devil he is (#punny). A million more things came up in her life to the point where we might not have a way of contacting her. Vague, but that's the best way I can put it.

She always talked a LOT about the negative things that happened to her in her past. We expressed to her the need for the Spirit in our lessons and how we need to avoid speaking of such negative things of the past and, instead, focus on how she is progressing positively in the present and in the future. Since she's been meeting with us, she still comes to church, she still listens to the scriptures, and she still prays almost every hour of the day. She said herself that she's still listening to us because she feels His Spirit around her. She's already noticed how much closer she's gotten to God because of the changes she's made in her life to do so. She's SO close! And Satan knows it.

Nevertheless, God will prevail. He always does in the end, anyway. We do our part and He will always do His (D&C 82:10).

I love seeing this change in people's lives. Recently, we've been talking about why we came out on our missions but, more importantly, why we've stayed on our missions. This is why.

Sister Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment