Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I'm doing good!

Sent 3/16/2015

M was baptized! What a joyous occasion! Whenever we ask M how she's doing, she always says, "I'm doing good!" For some reason, though, I foolishly thought that the week leading up to her baptism would be smooth-sailing....But, boy, I was wrong.

Just a couple of days before her baptism, something bad happened and M was absolutely distraught, lost, and confused. We visited her that night and had brought our ward mission leader and his daughter. The Spirit was telling me so strongly, she needs a priesthood blessing, she needs a priesthood blessing. So, I asked M if she needed a priesthood blessing. She accepted and our ward mission leader agreed to give her one of comfort right then and there.

I am so grateful for the priesthood power. I am especially grateful for those priesthood holders who are worthy to hold that authority from God and can give priesthood blessings when asked right on the spot to do so.

Right when he said M's full name and began saying the words that Heavenly Father was telling her, his voice changed and the Spirit was so strong, you could cut it. She heard the words she needed to hear and all those who witnessed that experience knew that there had to be another Presence in the room.

After the blessing, M's face was just lit up! You could just feel utter peace. I asked her how she felt. A big smile spread across her face and she said, "I'm doing good!"

Hilary, the woman who met M in the back of the ambulance vehicle, was the one who began it all. If she had not followed the prompting from the Holy Ghost to talk to Mary about the church, M would not have been offered the gospel at such a critical time in her life and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and by His authority. To Hilary, I say, "if it so be that you should...bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" (D&C 18:15-16).

I love that sometimes Heavenly Father allows us to witness the fruits of our efforts on our missions. M was already prepared to receive the gospel and because she has it, her children may now receive it as they grow and develop. It's a generational thing!

So, I hope you're all doing good, too!

Sister Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment