Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wen Moving and Co.

(Sent Sept 8 | Photos on Facebook)

We're moving again!

"Wen" did we move in the first place you ask? (See what I did there?) Well, lemme explain:

So, the members that we live with were planning on housing missionaries until their oldest son returned from his mission. Well, because of medical reasons, he returned home a little early, and because of the mission rules of not living in the same house as any boy/man over the age of 12, we were kicked out. Luckily, a family in the ward opened up their house to us. Unfortunately, their oldest boy is almost 12 years-old; therefore, we were told we'd just live there for a week.

SO, this week we are moving to...*drum roll* an apartment! Wahoo! This'll be my first time living in an apartment on my mission #statesidemissions

Buuuuut, since our ward boundaries are ever so small, there are no apartments in our ward boundaries; only houses. (We even have to leave our proselyting area to get gas and to eat out!) SO, we are moving to apartments in another ward! By now, I've become an expert packer and mover.

Because we are moving this Wednesday, we decided to not buy any food until then. In other words, I've been thriving off of toast and jam every morning and a ham and cheese burrito every afternoon. I am just living the life.

I also caught a cold this past week. Considering how we visit so many families with so many children, it was bound to happen. I still wanted to work while I was all sickly and stuff but my companion told me I needed to sleep. Unfortunately, b/c of that, we had to have one of the other sisters go on a temporary mini exchange with Sister L to go teach J. I was so excited for them! He knows A-Z about the Latter-day Saint Church. They said the lesson was amazing and that they could feel the Spirit so strongly in that lesson.

When I was listening to them explain how the lesson went with Josh, I felt like I was watching myself just 5 months ago when I taught J for the first time. I went on and on about how amazing the lesson was and how he is so ready for baptism. He is getting closer and closer every time we see him! And, the Lord is blessing him with experiences down in Houston where he recognizes the Holy Spirit in his life more and more. So even though he's gone every week for his business trips, religion still plays a large role in his life! After all, religion means to tie back to God! Religion is life!

Last Saturday, Elder Larry R. Lawrence of the Seventy came to visit us. He and his wife explained the importance of the gathering of Israel. It was mind-blowing! It redefined my purpose as a missionary because we have all made a covenant before we came to this Earth to preach His Gospel and gathering the children of Israel. We made that promise!

Elder Lawrence also revealed the secret of how we can get out of the "mission culture" where we just get in the motion of things. He explained the value and importance of obedience and consecration. He renewed my determination to find the people that the Lord has prepared for me to teach.

It's just this past week that's been crazy but things will pick up next week.

I love the work!

Sister Wen

No comments:

Post a Comment